Patch Forum » LPC32xx Linux »
Current status of this topic: Released.

See attached patch files at the bottom by clicking 'Attachments' button.

LPC32XX? Linux-2.6.39.2 kernel patch

The LPC32XX? linux-2.6.39.2 patch available.

The following are the know issues: On PHYTEC3250 board: a. USB device tests - The test cases 10, 14, 15, 16 in USB device tests using Gadget Zero driver are not working

On EA3250 board: a. USB device tests - The USB device tests using Gadget Zero driver are not executed

On FDI3250 board: a. USB device tests - The test cases 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16 in USB device tests using Gadget Zero driver are not working b. Ethernet driver - While copying data from USB mass storage device to NFS root file system, the TX buffers underflow is happening (lpc-net lpc-net.0: BUG! TX request when no free TX buffers! mesage from Ethernet driver) c. SD/MMC driver - SD/MMC data transfer not tested

-- BangaragiriGovindaraju - 10 Aug 2011

This is now available on our GIT server. Please use the latest GIT version instead of the attached patch.

-- KevinWells - 24 Aug 2011

>lpc-net lpc-net.0: BUG! TX request when no free TX buffers!
This issue can be fixed by increasing the DMA description define in the lpc_eth.c driver for the TX count. (Currently 16).

An issue did appear with network support on the Phytec board where NFS would sometimes timeout and not recover. This didn't happen with the EA board. We are looking into this.

http://git.lpclinux.com/?p=linux-2.6.39.2-lpc.git;a=summary

In fact, I'm experiencing this problem on a custom board, based on the ea3250 design. I didn't change the kernel, I'm using 2.6.34. The difference between a working kernel and a non working one is the compiler. Ethernet is freezing after a few minutes when I'm compilling with gcc 4.6.1 but not with gcc 4.1.2. What seems weird is that we get a lot of RX frame errors but the fact is that there are no packets going out anymore. I didn't find a way to recover from that status yet.

-- AlexandreBelloni - 25 Aug 2011

If you entered any data in comment box above click 'Add Comment' button before clicking this button.

PatchTopicForm edit

Title LPC32XX? Linux-2.6.39.2 kernel patch
Status Released
Forum LPC32xxLinuxPatch
Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
linux-2.6.39.2_lpc32xx_V00.patchpatch linux-2.6.39.2_lpc32xx_V00.patch manage 608.1 K 10 Aug 2011 - 05:30 BangaragiriGovindaraju LPC32XX? linux-2.6.39.2 patch
Topic revision: r3 - 25 Aug 2011 - 16:13:50 - AlexandreBelloni

The copyright of the content on this website is held by the contributing authors, except where stated elsewhere. Creative Commons License This site is powered by Foswiki